Monday, April 5, 2010

Extra Extra Death Not To Be Feared... Living Dead Still Feared!



"wanna check those pillows over there that we hit earlier in the season?" Mason said the other day up rainbow. "Sure" I said as i made my way over to look at them from the side of the cliff. I thought to myself the snow has really blown in to create a really big and unstable crevace so I better walk around and stand where i saw the hard pack for a good vantage point. I crested the hill and went out of sight from the group i was with and was looking at a possible line when the ground beneath me disappeared. At first i heard the crack but before i could react i was falling. Snow surrounded me in the air and i had no idea how far the ground was or if i was going into the patch of trees at the bottom. The first thing i hit was a pillow with my chest then slid a few feet and realized how lucky i was to be awake.
I don't think it was a big deal or anything but in the moments where i was lost and the world dropped away on me there was no feeling of fear. It just made me realize that on your daily routines you can just bite the dust unexpectedly and that comforts me knowing that it will just happen one day and i won't see it coming.

No comments:

Post a Comment